After The Storm
This Spring and Summer has been quite a wet and stormy one and with that comes weather related injuries and fatalities. This is why it is important to educate both you and your family about post-storm safety.
Immediately after a storm where there was heavy rain, strong damaging winds, and lightening consider the following:
- Do not let children play near storm drains. Every year children are sucked into storm drains and carried away.
- Do not touch metal objects outside, there may be power lines down on the object which energizes the object. This could be a fence, guard rail, or baseball stop.
- Do not touch or pick up any wires that you see either laying on the ground or hanging low. They may be energized or could become energized at any time.
- Do not walk in flooded basements if your power is still connected. You could become electrocuted should water make contact with an electrical source.
- If your home is out of electrical power, use extra caution when using candles for light.
- Be careful using a gas powered generator which could cause Carbon Monoxide poisoning if not vented properly.
Please remember to keep you and your family safe and remember that SERVPRO of Mount Prospect/North Des Plaines is always available to help you with your restoration needs. 847-956-1880.