What To Do If Water Damage Occurs
Step 1 – Stop the Water, if possible
Step 2 -- Call SERVPRO of Mount Prospect/North Des Plaines at 847-956-1880
We will ask for:
- Your name.
- Address (please let us know if your mailing address is different than the property address).
- Telephone numbers.
- How did you hear about us?
- What type of damage occurred (water, fire, etc) and what caused the loss?
- How many rooms are affected and the type of flooring in the affected rooms?
- Is your home on a concrete slab, crawlspace, or basement?
- Year your home was built.
- We will ask what company your homeowners’ insurance is with. If you have a claim number and / or adjuster information already (if not, no worries).
- What your deductible amount is?
- The deductible is the amount you pay before insurance starts to pay. We generally collect this amount at the start of service, but this can vary depending on the insurance company.
Step 3 – Call A Plumber, if needed
Step 4 – Call Your Insurance Company
In order to get things under way quickly, contact the Claims number for your insurance company. They will ask for some information about the loss and what damages there are. If you’re unsure what your deductible amount is, they will be able to tell you. If they assign a claim number and / or adjuster, please take that information down and give it to us. Tell them you have SERVPRO of Mount Prospect/North Des Plaines on the way. Some people like to speak to their agent, which is fine, but the agent isn’t typically available at all times and many times there’s a delay before the agent has some time to file the claim.
We will extract the water and move any necessary contents when we get there. Just keep yourself safe, it's very easy to be injured during a water damage situation.