Mold vs. Mildew?
Mold and mildew both have a few matching characteristics. Both thrive on moist, warm areas and can grow on a multitude of surfaces, from food, to your shower to a sheet of paper, and of course they are both two types of fungi that no homeowner likes to see in their home.
However; mold and mildew also have striking differences when it comes to size, color a and texture
Mildew is a surface fungi that can easily be identified as a patch of gray or white fungus that is on the surface of a moist area. Mildew can be easily treated with a store bought cleaner and scrub brush.
Mold, on the other hand, can be black or green and is often the result of a much larger infestation. This type of fungus can appear as almost fuzzy and even slimy in nature. Toxic molds can be harmful to both humans and ecosystems.
The key to treating mold and mildew is to remove it as soon as possible before it has a chance to do permanent damage to your home.
If you think you may has a mold issue, call the mold removal professionals at SERVPRO of Mount Prospect/North Des Plaines at 847-956-1880